Internship: Administration Assistant
Arty Farty Brussels is a sister-organisation to Arty Farty France, a non-profit, European and independent association that was founded in 1999 to be at the service of emerging cultures, young people, democratic renewal and the general interest. Since 2016 Arty Farty Brussels organises Nuits Sonores & European Lab Brussels, a yearly innovative and urban festival that celebrates contemporary music and independent scenes by bringing together local and international actors. The festival happens in autumn and proposes four days of live music, performances, dj-sets and debates.Next to its festival the association recently acquired a temporary occupation by winning a call to project by the city of Brussels. Reset is a space in transition, from a former bank to a future police station and will be a cultural center for everyone in the coming years.Arty Farty is also behind the European network of the same name: Reset! Network.
Arty Farty Brussels is looking for a new, dynamic and enthusiastic administrative assistant who will be responsible for assisting their financial and administrative manager in the day-to-day running of the non-profit organisation and help develop their events and temporary occupation projects.
- Budget management: drafting budget forecasts for the association and its projects; monitoring expenditure and income in collaboration with the general manager.
- Social management: drawing up employment, volunteer and/or service contracts; encoding and paying staff remuneration in collaboration with the social secretariat; monitoring social obligations ( workplace health, insurance, training, etc.).
- Administration of event production and of a building in temporary occupation: drafting and monitoring of occupation and co-production contracts, as well as artistic, copyright and various service contracts (production, technical, communication, etc.), transfer of estimates and invoices to the main manager; insurance for events, venues, property and people, and monitoring of claims; subscription and monitoring of service charge contracts (eg. water, gas, electricity, internet, etc.); various administrative procedures (AFSCA, Unisono, occupation of public space, VSE, etc.); recruiting and managing a team of volunteers (planning, training); setting up ticket offices and bar and/or catering services, etc.).
- Management of the non-profit association: updating and filing of the statutes; legal monitoring of non-profit association law in collaboration with the financial manager and the non-profit association's accounting firm and auditor; etc.
- Helping with secretarial work (mail, filing) and ensuring good internal/external communications for the association.
It's a demanding job, but a very stimulating one nonetheless, giving you the chance to get to know the not-for-profit organisation inside out, to be at the heart of the action from the drafting of projects to their completion, to work with a wide range of players from both inside and outside Brussels, and to constantly acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English and/or Dutch
- Experience in administrative and financial management; (management/economics student)
- General knowledge of accounting, taxation and Belgian employment law
- Institutional knowledge of Brussels' cultural associations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel in particular)
- Thorough, well organised and proactive
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, both face-to-face and remotely
- Ability to handle emergencies and stress
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and CV by 15 September at the latest to lorenz[a]arty-farty.brussels.
15/09/2023 until 18/09/2023
Starts in September for an internship of minimum 6 weeks.